Modifying the build
There's a number of tunable parameters in VyOS build.
There are two types of VyOS build: development and release. They are switched with ./configure options.
Development build is selected if no other options given to ./configure.
Development build has the following features:
- Version is set to "999.$branch.$(date +%m%d%H%M)"
- All locally built submodules have 999 versions so they have priority over anything fetched from the repos
Release build is enabled with --with-community-build (soon to be replaced with --with-release-build for clarity). The version is taken from "livecd/templates/community/version" file. Place a numeric version there (e.g. "0.0.1"), product name and build metadata will be appended automatically during the build.
For 32-bit image you can select normal or virt kernel flavor with --with-kernel-flavor=[586-vyatta|586-vyatta-virt]
This is the "Built by:" field in "show version" output. It's selected according to the following rules:
- If "livecd/buildby" file exists, its contents is used. E.g. "echo prod_rel_team > livecd/buildby".
- If it doesn't exist, but user email is configured in git, $(git config user.email) is used.
- If it's not configured, $USER@contributors.vyos.net is used (or $SUDO_USER, if sudo is used)
Adding or removing packages
In "livecd/config.vyatta/chroot_local-packageslists" directory, edit "vyatta-extra.list" (or "vyatta-full.list") and add your package.