VyOS release includes the following steps:
- Find all bugs with target milestone set to target release, check them, and set resolution to RESOLVED.
- Check changes that do not have associated bug. Create bugs for them and test them.
- Export RESOLVED bugs and prepare changelog.
- Update version in build-iso/livecd/templates/community/version
- Update version in build-iso/livecd/config.vyatta/binary_local-includes/isolinux/boot.txt
- Tag all submodules with "vyos-release/$release_version" tag.
- Build release images for each flavour.
- Upload images to the web servers.
- Wait for all mirrors to synchronize.
Release build is selected with "--with-release-build" configure script option.
autoreconf -i ./configure --with-release-build sudo make iso # 32-bit virt image ./configure --with-release-build --with-kernel-flavor=i586-vyatta-virt # i586-vyos-virt for post-hydrogen releases
At this point it simply tells it to use "VyOS $release_version" version string instead of 999.$branch.$build_time.
- Write a release notes page (named "$release_version changhelog"). It should include overview, installation/upgrade notes (if any), and list of fixed bugs (exported from the bugtracker).
- Brag about the release everywhere.