vyconf will be the new VyOS configuration framework.
- vyconfd—the daemon that keeps the running config and provides API for config read and write operations.
- vbash—system shell for interactive sessions.
vyconfd performs several functions:
- Loads the config schema and system config from files.
- Keeps the running config and proposed confgs, along with session information.
- Keeps the config schema that defines acceptable config node paths and values.
- Updates system configuration on commit.
System config file is the file that holds the system configuration.
Running config is an in-memory data structure that keeps the system config information.
Config schema is an in-memory data structure that holds information about acceptable config paths and values, and is used to verify path and value passed as arguments in config write calls.
Config session is a tuple of session identifier, proposed config, and session metadata.